Friday, October 16, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

Several ladies met at Betty Jo's to discuss The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Well, it was an interesting discussion, and many didn't exactly enjoy the book, given some of the language. But it's about connecting after all. Speaking of which...

Let's see, our purpose says "The 3rd Thursday Book Club was started to connect women of all ages, to stir emotion, to generate friendships and eat really good food."

Connect women of all ages - Check
Stir emotion - Double Check
Generate Friendships - Check (We have seen some new faces lately.)
Eat Really Good Food - Check! (Thanks Betty Jo!)

The descriptive words were:
Twisted
Disgusting
Bizarre
Interesting
Cynical
Creative
Confusing
Chaotic

And the average rating was 4.1


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After the discussion about the direction of book club last night, some of you may be relieved that I have decided to change my Jan. book choice theme. I am looking at missionaries biographies. I have requested many to look at and obviously will not be able to read them ahead of time. While they may be somewhat depressing I am sure they will be uplifting at the same time and will certainly encourage us. Wait til November to see what I come up with.

Teri said...

What was your original theme idea??

Betty Jo said...

original was WWII

I've gotten quite a few of the books I requested. I have a couple that I think will be really good and will wait to see what else I get for missionaries biographies.